Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Prostate cancer - how is the prostate effected by prostate cancer

Prostate cancer - how is the prostate effected by prostate cancer?
How is the prostate effected by prostate cancer, like what happens to it? Also, could you please tell me what body systems are effected and HOW they are effected by this? can someone please tell me what body systems are effected by prostate cancer? The other answers were great but this is the information I really need-whoever does this will get best answer and how they are effected
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It gets bigger. It makes it hard for you to pee.If they remove it your sex life is over.
2 :
I have prostate cancer. My brother has prostate cancer. We both under went the exact treatments with drastically different outcomes. The first thing they do is give a shot called Lupron which wipes out the testosterone that prostate cancer feeds on. This is, effectively, temporary sterilization in men and takes away the possibility of sex. We both had radioactive seed implants into the prostate to kill the cancer followed by external beam radiation to ensure all of the cancer is killed. My brother was out playing golf 6 months later, I am in a wheel chair with a host of side effects from the radiation. I have a permanent catheter in my abdomen for urine collection, wear Depends since I am incontinent, have developed deep vein thrombosis with a lung embolism and also have neuropathy in both legs and feet. I had a heck of a weight gain, going from about 230 to over 300 and developed type 1 diabetes. Right now I am glad just to be alive to watch my grand children grow and determined to get better! My brother continues to enjoy his golf and neither of us so far have seen any sign of a return of the cancer. So, I guess you can say that there is no single outcome or set of effects with prostate cancer and the treatment for it. P.S. The cancer I have may have been caused or at least exacerbated by my exposure to Agent Orange (Dioxin) while in Viet Nam. The Agent Orange may explain why my cancer was more severe than my brother's to start with and the seriousness of the side effects I am experiencing after treatment. I have no proof of that, only personal observation of the differences in outcomes between my brother and me as he was never in Viet Nam or exposed to Dioxin.





 Read more discussions :