Saturday, September 20, 2008

Is a PSA blood test for prostate cancer a normal/usual part of an annual physical

Is a PSA blood test for prostate cancer a normal/usual part of an annual physical?

Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :

1 :
It usually is for a man over 50.
2 :
If you're an adult male in your 40's plus, it should be.
3 :
It should be, but do not take chances. Ask that the PSA blood test be a part of your annual physical. I survived Prostate cancer surgery. Cancer free for five years. My last PSA was 0,002. This is a slow growing cancer. Catch it at it's earliest stage. I did not, but as I said I am OK.
4 :
Depending on your family history, yes! Do you have a lot of men in your family, at your age, who have had prostate cancer? If so, your doctor may want to have you tested earlier than typical. Otherwise, I think its normal to test patients at age 50.




 Read more discussions :