Thursday, August 28, 2008

Question about prostate cancer

Question about prostate cancer?
I heard recently that if a man takes a pregnancy test and it is positive that it can indicate that he has prostate cancer. Just wondering if this is true at all. Well, I personally know a few guys who have taken one just because they wanted to see what it would say....guys will be guys lol. But what brought this convo up was I told a friend that once a guy had one come back positive and then he told me about the prostate thing. So it stuck in my mind and it became one of those stupid things I just needed to find the answer to.
Men's Health - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I havent heard of that. I dont know if its true because i havent heard of it but id say IT IS NOT TRUE.
2 :
Could be he's pregnant - lol lol Seriously - never heard of that... Why would a man take a pregnancy test any way?
3 :
Close, but no cigar. The hormone checked by the pregnancy test is beta-human chorionic gonadotropin (B-HCG). This is also made some TESTICULAR CANCERS, but not by prostate cancer. So, if a man takes a pregnancy test and it comes back positive, he should have a scrotal exam by his physician.





 Read more discussions :