Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My dad just had prostate cancer and now has an infection? What does that mean

My dad just had prostate cancer and now has an infection? What does that mean? ?

Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Cancer treatments in particular radiation destroy some of the body's white blood cells, which are the body's defense against infection. He should change his diet to boost his immunity.
2 :
It means he needs to talk to his Dr. about it, and how to make his immune system strong again. It takes time though.....my wife is a uterine cancer survivor, and while the experience made her stronger, the treatment weakened her immune system. Poor thing gets sick if someone looks at her and has a cold. On the upside, I said it made her stronger, what an amazing woman I have. She never stops these days. Look after your Dad. I wish I could have done the same for mine. =(





Read more discussions :