Tuesday, April 12, 2011

How do you get prostate cancer and how do you know if u have it? Can it be in women

how do you get prostate cancer and how do you know if u have it? Can it be in women?

Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
women dont have prostates- so no women cant have cancer of a gland they dont have. how you get it- unknown, how you know if you have it- medical tests. for a list of symptoms and other info go here http://www.cancer.ca/Canada-wide/About%20cancer/Types%20of%20cancer/Signs%20and%20symptoms%20of%20prostate%20cancer.aspx?sc_lang=en
2 :
The prostate is part of the male reproductive system. Women do not have prostates, so they cannot develop prostate problems. Prostate cancer is notoriously difficult to detect early. You can read more here:
3 :
First off women don't have a prostate it is part of the male reproductive system that controls flow of urine, semen, etc. As a recent victim of prostate cancer who just completed radical surgery I will tell you every doctor I saw said the same thing. There is no reason you should have this based on your health, medical history, environment, etc. I just happen to be one of the every six men who will get prostate cancer. You don't know you have it and if you do get some of the symptoms they are very subtle. They are like more frequent urination, less stream, etc. I didn't have any symptoms but happened to need to get blood work for an inflamed toe which lead to my finding out I had prostate cancer. How do you find out the best is a blood test that checks your PSA level and an exam. I had many exams that didn't find anything it was only after my blood work and the later biopsies proved what I had. My suggestion is get the blood work done if you have insurance. If nothing show up then fine if so then you will want to have it monitored yearly. There are new things coming out all the time. I hope this answers your question and if you have someone you are concerned about and they are over 50 get a baseline blood work done. Good luck







Read more discussions :