Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Do I have prostate cancer

Do I have prostate cancer?
I'm 16 and I think that I might have a tumor growing right behind my sac of balls. I found it a couple months ago and just left it alone without telling anyone, and now I think it has gotten bigger and it hurts when I touch it. i know that that's right where the prostate is. I researched a lot about prostate and I am WAYY too young to be having prostate cancer. Is it cancer? Am I too young? I'm really scared and I don't know how to tell my mom.
Cancer - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
First, your prostate is not something that you can feel, without doing a rectal exam. Usually cancerous growths don't hurt (usually). You are however at the right age for testicular cancer. If you have noticed something that doesn't belong there, you need to get it checked out. It could be benign (non-cancerous) but then again it could be cancer. If you believe the growth is getting bigger then you need to get in to see somebody soon. Good luck to you!!
2 :
its a good idea to get it checked personaly though im not a doctor i doubt that you have cancer of the prostate at 16 yrs old relax take a deep breath tell your mum your a bit worried and feel her support you will feel so much better when she also says lets not worry...but we will check it out just in case and for good peace of mind..
3 :
no.. i'm sure you have what they call a "lithnode". ...i'm 100% sure the spelling is incorrect. ..i had one come up around my waist about a month ago... and that's the most painful thing... you should most definately go to the doctor and get you some antibiotics because those are most likely caused by bacteria or.. an infection somewhere in your body caused by.. an insect bit or some illness you've had recently. they usually come up around... that area... and sometimes you get the same things in your throat if you have a bad cold or something. until then... you MUST stop touching it. ...maybe even if you go to the doctor, you should tell him what i told you..
4 :
This is not at all prostate cancer. prostate is so high up . it can not be felt from outside. now let me alley your anxiety... it it is hurting.... you may be having some infection.. EPIDYDIMO-ORCHITIS... do one simple test... try to find out that does the pain increases on pulling your balls up or down... id it increases on pulling them down.. the diagnosis is sure.. well... as far as my experience says... what you should do now is to consult a good doctor. he will put you on antibiotic.. as far as i say.. Gatifloxacin or cefixime will do.. also take a light pain killer , a B-complex with zinc in it. keep the balls cool. avaoid hot water bath.. hope your problem should resolve in 1 week or so. if it still persist....get an ultrasound / doppler done.. i hope you will not require that.. regarding cancer... though testicular cancers are common in very young and very old age... but they are rare adn rare things seldom occur. and they dont even pain.... so my dear friend.. forget all this. still i would advice to consult any doc. i dont know which country u are in .. otherwise i could have prescribed u with something...
5 :
This is not prostate cancer. Your prostate is internal and you can't feel it from the outside. It is probably something common like a hydrocele, an infection or maybe even a hernia. Testicular cancer can occur in young men however so you should have a checkup as soon as possible.





 Read more discussions :