Saturday, June 20, 2009

Does anybody else know of or have a dog with prostate cancer

does anybody else know of or have a dog with prostate cancer?
could you give me a sense of how hell get in the end and anything special i can do
Dogs - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Our family dog just died of prostate cancer. He was taking longer and longer to urinate. He started to drip a little bit after he was done, so we fashioned a sort of diaper for him using a piece of material and elastic, attaching the elastic with velcro (one piece of elastic at the front of the "diaper" and one at the back), then we put a maxipad on the material and changed that every so often. The doctor also prescribed him some painkillers which we put in a treat to feed him once or twice a day. I was away at school when he finally reached the end, but my mom said he started retaining water, and that's when they put him down. I'm so sorry your dog is ill :( I know how sad it can be. Just try to keep him as comfortable as possible. Give him lots of love and treats.
2 :
wow never knew they could get that......so sorry to hear that your dog has it...........take care and I hope you can let him go before he suffers too much. Regards
3 :
My dog was just recently diagnosed with a prostate tumor. A biopsy revealed it is cancer. I've been to three vets, but unfortunately, none have given me a very good prognosis. We are starting radiation therapy on Tuesday. We are not giving up hope just yet, and I suggest you don't either. There is a great book to read " The Nature of Animal Healing" by a vet Martin Goldstien. I bought it online for 10.88. He has a practice in South Salem NY. We are in Philly. Its a long drive to his office, but we are taking our dogboy there next Friday. I believe if we can build our dog's immune system, perhaps we can at least stem or slow the growth of the tumor. I suggest you keep a positive outlook. Do lots of research and don't give up without a fight. Keep a strong faith and love your pet as long as you can. Be strong for him or her. They sense our fear. Another site that may give you some comfort is www.prayersforpets.org Another website I have found useful is: http://www.helpyourdogfightcancer.com/index.html I wish you all the best with your battle. If you wish to correspond, you may reach me at kc1970@gmail.com God bless!





Read more discussions :