Monday, July 4, 2011

Prostate Cancer question

Prostate Cancer question?
I realize this is women's health but I would like responses from women's whose s/o have had prostate cancer. I have prostate cancer. I am on hormone therapy for six months while I lose enough weight to be able to have prostate surgery. I am wondering after having a vasectomy and then having prostate removed can I still have sex? With all the sources of the semen gone there will be nothing to ejaculate. I still have six months before the surgery and was wondering about this. BTW I am 61 and my wife is 53 and we still make love at least once sometimes twice a week.
Women's Health - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You have to talk to the oncologist medical doctor
2 :
I stumbled across this question under the keyword "prostate cancer". First of all only about 4% of your semen is affected by a vasectomy. The loss of your prostate will have the greatest affect, but not for the reason you may think. The prostate contributes about 25% to your semen. The real difference is after your prostate is removed, you will ejaculate into your own bladder. Your semen will mix with your urine and then be flushed when you urinate. This is true unless things have changed recently. You will probably feel the same sensation, but nothing will come out. True women claim they can feel you ejaculate. I do not doubt that they think they can. I suspect that they really can not. I am single and over 40. I have been able to fool several partners by faking a climax. If they could actually feel me ejaculate, I would never be able to fool them. Being that you will ejaculate into your own bladder, the chances of an accidental pregnancy are very low. The doctor may feel a vasectomy is not needed. It is only an extra safety precaution.




 Read more discussions :