Sunday, November 1, 2009

proton radiation has anyone had it and how good is it in fighting prostate cancer

proton radiation has anyone had it and how good is it in fighting prostate cancer?

Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
From what I understand there is less damage to healthy tussue with proton. Ask to speak to the Health Physicist or Radiation Safety Officer about your concerns.
2 :
My father had radioactive "seeds" implanted. These give low dose, continuous radiation treatment. Just another option for your consideration.
3 :
I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2005 and had proton radiaton treatment for it at Loma Linda Universtiy Medical Center in Loma Linda California. I was extremely pleased with it... Personally, after having proton radiation, I would not consider having any other kind of treatment for Prostate cancer. Proton Radiation has little to no side effects and approximately a 90% cure rate.. Approximately 90% of the treatment energy of proton radiation is delivered at exactly the place needing treatment therefore surrounding body tissue and organs are not damanged as they are with conventional radiation.. This is the reason there are little or no side effects.. I was not sick or even felt bad one single day during or after my treatments. My PSA was 4.5 and the Gleason was 6. My PSA is now .1 , thats point one... It was like I had a nice vacation in southern california while being treated and am cured.. I have absolutely no side effects of any kind ...Its like I never had cancer.. There is a website called Proton Bob that tells about prostate cancer and proton radiadiation.. if you go to the website, be sure and read the Patient Testimonial sectioin and you will see that any one who has ever had proton radiation treatments for prostate cancer is as sold on it as I am.. Also, there is a book recently out called YOU CAN BEAT PROSTATE CANCER, written by Robert J. Marckini, a prostate cancer survivor . It tells all about prostate cancer and all of the various types of treatments available..plus it gives the pros and cons and side effects of each kind of treatment.. Any one with prostate problems should read the book .. It is great.. It can be purchased at barnes and nobles and other book stores or it can be purchased on line at the Proton Bob website... I hope this helps.. but again.. I would not even consider any other kind of treatment. All I can tell you about Proton Radiation from my experience is GOOD. If you have any questions about my experience with prostate cancer or proton radiation, feel free to email me here at yahoo answers.. or I will be glad to answer any questions on the phone.. I just hate to see some one take one of the other kind of treatments when there is such an easy and successful treatment available with no side effects.. Also when I was getting my treatments, I met several men who had radical surgery,or the implants or who had taken lupron for several years and their particular treatment had not worked and they were there having proton radiation.. every single one of them that I met were wishing they had known about proton radiation before they had the treatment that they had.. Its the best!!!!!!!! as far as Im concerned.. One other thing, if you would like the names of other former Proton Radiation patients in your area, I will be glad to furnish them to you, or Im sure you can call the Proton Radiation Department at Loma Linda Universtiy Medical Center and they will furnish you some names .. most of us are anxious to tell others about the treatment... I am in Texas.. MD Anderson in Houston now offers Proton Radiatoin due to Loma Lindas great success over the last 17 years.. however when I had my prostate cancer MD Anderson did not have it available so I went to Loma Linda..






 Read more discussions :