Tuesday, July 28, 2009

When should I be worried about prostate cancer

When should I be worried about prostate cancer?
I'm young, 19, to be exact, and I always have this urge to use the bathroom, not that I constantly have to, but maybe it's also paranoia O.o, iono, when is a good time to worry about this irregular feeling into lower bowl of your area :x
Men's Health - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Most men should start having regular prostate checks for cancer beginning at 50 years of age, but if you have any doubts you should set up an appointment with your doctor.
2 :
Do you have it in your family? My father and my mom's brother are both survivors of prostate cancer, after undergoing surgery that I don't want to have - ever. They say that prostate cancer is something that will happen to all men eventually, it's only a question of getting screened early enough and staying healthy. About age 40, or in your thirties, you need to have your blood checked, and maybe as late as your fifties, for PSA (prostate-specific antigen). The doctor will do routine checks for BPH (benign prostratic hypertrophy) by feeling inside your rectum for an enlarged prostate. This is what you will hear most about. It's sensationalized because it's in a private area. It's not the problem that guys like to make it out to be. Guys are just grown-up boys. It's easy enough to catch for those who care enough to get tested and keep watch to live a healthy lifestyle. Exercise. Eat right. Get your PSA level checked. You'll live a long time.





 Read more discussions :