Friday, September 4, 2009

Sex after prostate cancer surgery

Sex after prostate cancer surgery?
My husband had surgery for stage 1 prostate cancer about 2 weeks ago . I am not in a rush but I was wondering when the ability to get an erection comes back.
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :




1 :
There is no common denominator. Sometimes things return to normal in a few weeks, sometimes the surgery causes permanent damage that makes it impossible to get an erection, and everything in between is also possible. You can test the waters as soon as the surgical wounds have healed and the pain has subsided.
2 :
My erections started 5 days post op. Now 4 months post op I am fully continent and can achieve erections as good as pre op. Did he have nerve sparing surgery? If not he will have a lot of trouble regaining an erection.






 Read more discussions :