Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Christians, would you masturbate to prevent prostate cancer or do it anyway so you can live

Christians, would you masturbate to prevent prostate cancer or do it anyway so you can live?
Doing it not meaning everyday. Maybe 2 times a week or so. But don't forget that every sin has a consequence. So should you still do it to lessen chance of having prostate cancer or not do it but have higher risk but free of lust?
Religion & Spirituality - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Looking for an excuse to justify masturbation is not the same thing as looking for a legitimate cancer-prevention measure. How about regular prostate-cancer checkups instead? Prostate cancer is very, very beatable, provided it's caught early. .
2 :
Actually the more frequently done, the greater the reduction of prostate cancer risk.
3 :
Georgie, Georgie, Georgie, Are you bragging or complaining. Is it only the Christians who do this then?...I think not. Where does it say in the medical journals that this prevents prostrate cancer? I fear you maybe a little mixed up. Do you feel guilty....if so take no notice its a natural function, but its not a spectator sport if you know what I mean.
4 :
I stopped masturbating about three years ago. It got to a point where I thought 'what's the point, for a few seconds of relief!' At first it was hard, I thought my balls would explode after a few weeks, but eventually my body adjusted and now I don't need to masturbate. What's the point? It's like smoking, whats the point, yr giving yrself so many health risks, and for what positives? None. It's the same with masturbation, It's not easy giving up something that gives us pleasure, but an inteligent mind will weigh up the pro's and cons and come to a decision, a CHOICE.... There are no pro's to masturbation, and all the reasons you give yrself for making it OK are all false. What do you tell yrself, I need the relief, Or do you just do it out of blind lust? Most religions say you shouldn't do it, but then I chose not to for diferent reasons. There must be a part of yr mind that tells you it's not right or you wouldn't of asked the question that you did, Hey!, Think about it! As for masturbating to reduce prostrate cancer, I have never herd of that one, but then, you could make it ok and think of a million reasons to make it OK. Like an Alcoholic who says, just one more won't hurt or kill me.... When does he stop, and when will you? Think about the pro's and cons and weigh them up, I'm sure yr inteligence will show you the way, because to believe in religion is fine, it takes an amount of faith, but if it assaults our inteligence then we have to reavaluate our beliefs. As we constantly should do, keep reassessing our thoughts and beliefs to make sure they are still relevant . So, I think you already know the answer to yr question, just by the way you have asked it. That's enough from me, good luck and be well.
5 :
While I think the idea that masturbation is immoral is silly, I also think that Christian baiting is wrong. But since you started it. What about the passage in the Bible that says,"It is better to put your seed in the belly of a whore, than to spill it on the ground"? My aunt, who was well versed, used to use that quote when other Christians got overly judgmental about things. That would seemingly create a double morality dilemma. At least in modern times. Masturbation causes no disease, and it can relieve more troublesome sexual urges, so done right, it would seem like a reasonable practice. I think there are many Christians who don't have an issue with it. I also believe there will be some vocal ones who will disagree. But there is no one Christian voice.
6 :
You know God is the one who made humans, every part of humans, I don't think it surprises him that we masturbate. He created us, therefore putting a high number of nerves in certain parts for our enjoyment. What medical purpose does the clit serve? Why is there so many nerve endings in a penis? He knew what he was doing. I don't think its a sin at all, I also don't think he would consider it dirty.
7 :
Prevention of cancer is a pretext. Masturbating is a natural aberration which can be avoided by disciplining ones mind.





 Read more discussions :