Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Are there any support groups for the wifes of husbands who have had prostate cancer

Are there any support groups for the wifes of husbands who have had prostate cancer?
My happy married life has crumbled since my husbands prostectomy from cancer. The little problems here have snowballed ,and now i am sleeping in a seperated bedroom . I am in a place that i do not want to be right now.
Marriage & Divorce - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Check with Social Services at your local hospital, speak with his MD, or contact the American Cancer Society in your area. Log on to LiveStrong.org.
2 :
Usually the cancer center will have family support. Go to where ever your husband receives his treatment and discuss this with them and ask about family support services. I hope all works out for you and your family!
3 :
Earlier today I saw a prostate group in the yahoo groups,look there. There might be a group for wives there. If not think about starting a group for you an others.
4 :
I am so sorry you are having a hard time since your hubby had surgery. My hubby also has prostate cancer but he still has his prostate and is receiving injections for the problem. I know it is something that can bother a man since his sex urge changes. I wish for you much luck for your married life but having sex is not everything . I find having each other is more important .
5 :
You are in difficult times. I have been there twice so I know how you are feeling - I found this a time of growing together spiritually and it was really great. The cancer society in your area is your best place to seek help. Good luck to you and yours..





Read more discussions :